Student Visas are for applicants intending to study in Vanuatu for up to one year. If your course of study is longer than one year you will need to apply for a new Student visa each year.
Citizens of the following countries are exempt from the necessity of having visas in their passports when landing in Vanuatu.
Student Visa Exemption
You are exempt from paying the visa application charge if you are:
- a student studying at the University of the South Pacific (USP) or the Australia Pacific Technical College (APTC) on a scholarship provided by a Government of a country, USP or APTC; and
- are a citizen or national of Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guniea, Kiribati, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga or Tuvalu.
How to Apply?
Complete the online Student visa form.
One form should be completed by each student applicant and details of family members accompanying the student should be included.
The exact visa application charge must be paid before the form is submitted for processing.
- the visa holder must comply with all laws of Vanuatu;
- the visa holder must not behave in a manner that is prejudicial to peace, good order, good government or public morality in Vanuatu;
- the visa holder must not commence or continue in any paid employment or commercial business activities in Vanuatu unless they are required to as part of the students course of study;
- the visa holder must inform Vanuatu Immigration of any significant changes in his or her personal or financial circumstances; and
- the student must continue to study for the duration of the visa.
Please be aware that incomplete or partially complete applications will not be accepted. Information in a language other than English, French or Bislama needs to be translated by a certified translator into one of these languages.
If you have any questions regarding this application, visa requirements and/or visa conditions please contact us using the details provided on the contact page.