Special Category Visa allows applicants to come to Vanuatu as a diplomatic representative, employee of the Government of Vanuatu or on secondment to the Government, or to work for an approved donor agency. A Special Category visa may be granted for a period of up to five years.
Citizens of the following countries are exempt from the necessity of having visas in their passports when landing in Vanuatu.
How to Apply?
Complete the online Special Category visa form.
Spouses (married or de-facto) and dependant children may also be included in your application.
The exact visa application charge must be paid before the form is submitted for processing.
- the visa holder must comply with all laws of Vanuatu;
- the visa holder must not behave in a manner that is prejudicial to peace, good order, good government or public morality in Vanuatu;
- the visa holder must inform Vanuatu Immigration of any significant changes in his or her personal or financial circumstances;
- the holder of the visa must not cease to undertake the activity on the basis of which his or her visa was granted; and
- the visa holder must not engage in any employment or commercial business activities unless the employment or business or commercial activities are the basis of which his or her visa was granted.
Please be aware that incomplete or partially complete applications will not be accepted. Information in a language other than English, French or Bislama needs to be translated by a certified translator into one of these languages.
If you have any questions regarding this application, visa requirements and/or visa conditions please contact us using the details provided on the contact page.